Defend Against Your Charges with Our Houston Criminal Defense Lawyer
Here at Leeds Law Firm, we can defend you against all types of criminal charges including drug possession, theft, fraud, white collar crimes, evading arrest, criminal mischief, terroristic threat, and DWI. We represent all individuals, including juveniles, who have been charged with a crime from the very beginning, until the case is disposed of. No matter what kind of charge you are facing, consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney to make sure you have the best advocate and can get the best outcome available in your situation.
Why Do I Need a Houston Criminal Defense Attorney?
- Understanding TX Criminal Laws and Procedures. Criminal defense lawyers in the state of Texas can be complex, and a criminal defense attorney has the knowledge to help you navigate them. They will help you understand your rights, the charges against you, and the potential consequences you face.
- Protecting Your Rights and Interests. A criminal lawyer will ensure that your rights are protected throughout the legal process. This includes protecting your right to a fair trial, the right to remain silent, and the right to an attorney.
- Navigating the Complex Criminal Justice System. The criminal justice system can be overwhelming and confusing, especially if you are facing a criminal charge for the first time. A criminal defense attorney will guide you through each step of the process, from the initial hearing to the final outcome of your case.
- Representation in Court. A criminal defense lawyer will represent you in court and provide you with the best possible defense. They will work to build a strong case on your behalf and argue your case in front of the judge and jury.
- Building a Strong Legal Defense Strategy. A criminal defense lawyer will work with you to develop a strong defense strategy that is tailored to your unique situation. This may include negotiating a plea bargain, presenting evidence in your favor, or challenging the prosecution’s case.
- Representation in Plea Negotiations. If appropriate, a criminal attorney may negotiate a plea bargain on your behalf. This may result in a reduced sentence, fewer charges, or other favorable outcomes.
- Protecting Your Future and Reputation. A criminal conviction can have serious and lasting consequences, including jail time, fines, and a criminal record. A criminal defense attorney will work to minimize these consequences and protect your future and reputation.
What is Criminal Defense?
What are the Common Types of Criminal Defense Cases in Texas?
- Drug Possession Cases
- Terroristic Threat
- Felon in Possession of Weapon
- Evading Arrest
- Criminal Mischief
Drug Possession Cases
Felon in Possession of Weapon
Evading Arrest Charges
What Should I Do After Being Charged or Accused of a Crime in Texas?
- Remain calm: Being accused of a crime can be a stressful and emotional experience, but it’s important to remain calm and composed.
- Contact a criminal defense attorney: An experienced Houston criminal defense attorney can provide guidance, protect your rights, and help you understand the legal process.
- Gather information: Write down as much information as possible about the circumstances surrounding the charges, including the names and contact information of any witnesses.
- Don’t speak to law enforcement without an attorney: You have the right to remain silent and avoid self-incrimination. You should not speak to law enforcement without an attorney present.
- Cooperate with the legal process: Follow all instructions from your attorney and the court, and attend all court appearances as scheduled.
- Comply with court orders: If you have been released on bail, it’s important to comply with all conditions set by the court, such as checking in with a probation officer or abstaining from certain activities. Failure to comply with these conditions can result in additional charges and penalties.
- Avoid contact with the alleged victim: In some cases, the court may issue a restraining order or no-contact order, which prohibits you from having any contact with the alleged victim. It’s important to comply with these orders and avoid any actions that could be considered a violation.
What Are My Constitutional Rights?
- Right to counsel: An individual has the right to an attorney, and if they cannot afford one, the court will appoint one for them.
- Right to remain silent: An individual has the right to remain silent and not incriminate themselves. This is known as the Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination.
- Right to a fair trial: An individual has the right to a fair and impartial trial, where they are considered innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
- Right to confront witnesses: An individual has the right to confront and cross-examine witnesses against them.
- Right to a speedy trial: An individual has the right to a speedy trial, which means that their case must be brought to court within a reasonable time after being charged.
- Right to a jury trial: An individual has the right to a trial by a jury of their peers.
- Right to privacy: An individual has the right to privacy, which includes protection against unreasonable searches and seizures.
Call Our Houston Criminal Defense Attorney Now!
If you are facing a criminal charge in the Houston area, it is important to have a knowledgeable and experienced criminal lawyer by your side. The attorneys at Leeds Law Firm are dedicated to providing their clients with the highest level of legal representation and support. With a proven track record of success, a commitment to personalized representation, and a compassionate and understanding approach, Leeds Law Firm is the right choice for anyone facing a criminal charge in TX. Whether it’s a DWI charge, sexual assault, or solicitation charge, we will ensure your rights we will ensure your rights are protected. If you or a family member needs legal advice, please don’t hesitate to contact our Houston criminal defense lawyers today to schedule a consultation.