Seeking justice after a rideshare accident? Let us fight for you.
Are you aware of the potential risks of taking an Uber or Lyft ride? While these ridesharing services offer convenience and affordability, accidents can and do happen. In fact, Uber and Lyft accidents are becoming more and more common, leading to serious injuries and even fatalities. If you or a loved one has been involved in an Uber or Lyft accident, you need the help of an experienced attorney who works in these types of cases. As your trusted Houston Uber/Lyft rideshare accident attorney, we will work tirelessly to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
At Leeds Law Firm, we have a proven track record of successfully representing clients in accident cases in Houston. Our team of knowledgeable attorneys has extensive experience navigating the unique legal and insurance issues that arise in ridesharing accident cases. We work closely with our clients to ensure that their legal rights are protected and that they receive the compensation they are entitled to. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.
What is a Rideshare Accident?
In Texas, a rideshare accident occurs when a vehicle used for ridesharing services, such as Uber or Lyft, is involved in a collision resulting in property damage or bodily injury. Rideshare accidents can involve the rideshare driver, the passenger(s), pedestrians, and other drivers and vehicles.
If you’re involved in a rideshare accident, it’s essential to seek medical attention immediately, even if you don’t feel like you’ve been seriously injured. Some injuries, such as whiplash and soft tissue injuries, may not manifest until days or even weeks after the accident. Additionally, it’s crucial to seek the help of an experienced Houston Uber Lyft rideshare accident attorney to ensure that your legal rights are protected and that you receive the compensation you deserve.
At Leeds Law Firm, our team of experienced attorneys has helped countless victims of accidents recover the compensation they deserve. We understand the complexities of rideshare accidents and are here to fight for you and ensure that you receive the full amount of compensation for your injuries and losses. Contact us today for a consultation, and let us help you get the justice you deserve.
What is Personal Injury?
Personal injury refers to the legal term for any harm or injury caused to a person’s body, mind, or emotions. It is an area of law that allows individuals who have been injured due to the negligence or wrongdoing of another party to seek compensation for their damages. Personal injury cases can range from slip and falls, car accidents, medical malpractice, product liability, and more. In such cases, the injured party, also known as the plaintiff, seeks financial compensation from the responsible party, also known as the defendant, for the damages they have suffered. The goal of a personal injury claim is to help the plaintiff recover their losses, such as medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What Does Uber and Lyft's Insurance Cover?
Ridesharing services like Uber and Lyft have undoubtedly revolutionized the way we travel, making it more convenient and accessible for people to get around. However, accidents can still happen, and when they do, it’s essential to know what insurance coverage is available to you.
In typical rideshare accidents, two levels of coverage are involved. The driver’s personal car insurance provides coverage for the passenger, but it may be limited due to the standard Texas minimum of $30,000. That’s where the insurance policies of Uber and Lyft come into play, each providing a $1 million dollar policy in the event of an accident. You can read all about Uber’s insurance details on their website.
While most accidents won’t result in damages of $1 million, serious injuries can quickly add up, making it vital to understand the insurance coverage available to you. That’s where we come in. Our team of Houston-based Uber Lyft rideshare accident attorneys at Leeds Law Firm can help you navigate the complexities of insurance claims and ensure that your legal rights are protected.
If you’ve been injured in a rideshare accident, don’t hesitate to reach out to us for a free consultation. We have the experience and knowledge to help you recover the compensation you deserve. Contact us today to schedule your consultation, and let us fight for you.
What are the Common Rideshare Accident Injuries?
Rideshare accidents can result in a range of injuries, from minor to severe. Some of the most common rideshare accident injuries include:
- Broken bones
- Back injuries
- Head and brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Wrongful death
Remember, even if you don’t feel seriously injured after a rideshare accident, it’s essential to seek medical attention right away. Some injuries may not manifest until days or even weeks later. Additionally, it’s crucial to seek the help of an experienced Houston Uber Lyft rideshare accident attorney to protect your legal rights and ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve. Contact us at Leeds Law Firm for a free consultation, and let us help you get the justice you deserve.
How is Negligence Determined in Houston Rideshare Accidents?
In Houston rideshare accidents, negligence is determined by examining the actions of the drivers involved in the accident. Negligence can be defined as a failure to act with reasonable care, resulting in harm or injury to another person. To establish negligence in a rideshare accident, four key elements must be demonstrated:
- Duty: The at-fault party (in this case, the rideshare driver or the other driver involved) had a duty to exercise reasonable care and avoid causing harm to others.
- Breach: The at-fault party breached their duty of care by failing to act in a reasonably careful manner.
- Cause in fact: The at-fault party’s breach of duty was the actual cause of the accident and the resulting injuries.
- Proximate cause: The at-fault party’s breach of duty was the legal cause of the accident and the resulting injuries. This means that the harm caused was a foreseeable result of the at-fault party’s actions.
- Damages: The victim(s) suffered damages as a result of the accident and are entitled to compensation for their losses.
If you have been involved in a Houston rideshare accident, it’s essential to seek the help of an experienced Uber Lyft rideshare accident attorney who can help you navigate the legal process and ensure that your rights are protected. Contact Leeds Law Firm today for a free consultation.
What if I were also at fault?
Texas follows a modified comparative negligence rule when it comes to determining fault in personal injury cases, including rideshare accidents. Under this rule, a plaintiff’s recovery in a personal injury case is reduced by the percentage of fault attributed to them for the accident.
In Texas, if the plaintiff is found to be 51% or more at fault for the accident, they cannot recover any damages. However, if the plaintiff is found to be 50% or less at fault, they can still recover damages, but their award will be reduced by their percentage of fault.
For example, if a plaintiff is awarded $100,000 in damages but is found to be 20% at fault for the accident, their award will be reduced by $20,000, and they will receive $80,000 in damages.
What Damages Can Be Recovered in a Texas Rideshare Accident?
If you’re involved in a rideshare accident in Texas, you may be eligible to recover damages for your injuries and other losses. These damages can include:
- Medical expenses: This includes all medical expenses related to the accident, such as hospital bills, doctor visits, physical therapy, and medication.
- Lost wages: If you are unable to work due to your injuries, you may be able to recover the wages you would have earned during that time.
- Pain and suffering: This includes physical pain and emotional distress caused by the accident and your injuries.
- Property damage: If your vehicle or other property was damaged in the accident, you might be able to recover the cost of repairs or replacement.
- Loss of earning capacity: If your injuries are so severe that they prevent you from working in the future, you may be able to recover damages for the loss of your future earning capacity.
- Wrongful death: If you lost a loved one in a rideshare accident, you might be able to recover damages for funeral expenses, loss of financial support, and loss of companionship.
It’s important to note that the damages you can recover in a rideshare accident case will depend on the specific circumstances of your case. Working with an experienced Houston Uber Lyft rideshare accident attorney can help ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve. Contact Leeds Law Firm today for a free consultation.
What is the Statute of Limitations on Rideshare Accidents in Houston?
In Houston, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims resulting from a rideshare accident is generally two years from the date of the accident. This means that you have two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit in order to seek compensation for your injuries and other losses.
There may be exceptions to this two-year time limit, depending on the circumstances of your case. For example, if the accident involved a government entity, the statute of limitations may be shorter, and you may need to take additional steps in order to file a claim.
Why Do I Need a Houston Uber / Lyft Rideshare Accident Attorney?
If you’ve been involved in an Uber or Lyft rideshare accident in Houston, you may be wondering whether you need to hire an attorney. The short answer is yes. Here are some reasons why:
- Protect your legal rights: When you hire an experienced Houston Uber / Lyft rideshare accident attorney, you can be confident that your legal rights are being protected. Your attorney will work to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries and other losses.
- Navigate complex legal issues: Rideshare accidents can involve complex legal issues, such as determining fault and insurance coverage. An experienced attorney will have the knowledge and experience necessary to navigate these issues and ensure that your case is handled correctly.
- Maximize your compensation: Insurance companies are often more interested in protecting their own interests than in compensating accident victims. An experienced attorney can help you negotiate with insurance companies and maximize your compensation.
- Focus on your recovery: Dealing with the aftermath of a rideshare accident can be stressful and time-consuming. When you hire an attorney, you can focus on your recovery while your attorney handles the legal aspects of your case.
Don’t hesitate to reach out to us today for a consultation. We’ll take the time to listen to your story, answer your questions, and help you understand your legal options.
Call our Houston Uber / Lyft Rideshare Accident Attorney Now!
If you’ve been involved in a rideshare accident, you may be facing medical bills, lost wages, and other financial losses. Dealing with insurance companies can be frustrating, and you may not be receiving the compensation you deserve. That’s where a Houston Uber/Lyft rideshare accident attorney can help.
At Leeds Law Firm, we have experience representing clients who have been injured in rideshare accidents. Our team of legal professionals has a thorough understanding of Texas laws related to these types of accidents, and we know how to fight for the compensation you deserve. We will investigate your case, negotiate with insurance companies, and take your case to court if necessary.
Don’t try to handle your rideshare accident case alone. Contact us today for a consultation to discuss your legal options. Let us help you get the compensation you need to move forward after your accident.
We also offer Houston the following services: