Why Do I Need a Motorcycle Accidents Lawyer in Houston, TX?If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, taking on the at-fault driver’s insurance company isn’t something you want to try on your own. Having a qualified Houston motorcycle accident lawyer on your side can make all the difference. The following are the common reasons why hiring a personal injury attorney in Houston, Texas is one of the best things you can do to protect your rights and improve the chances of winning a motorcycle accident case.
- You’re more likely to win your case. Statistically speaking, victims who hire motorcycle lawyers win more often than victims who handle claims on their own.
- Your case is given personalized attention. Being selective on cases being handled Your motorcycle injury attorney can give the personal attention to detail that each case requires.
- Correct counsel will work to help you prove your case. Motorcycle accident counsel employed by the insurance company will be attempting to reduce the value of your claim or discover ways to have it rejected. You get more than simply access to a competent lawyer when you select a Houston personal injury law firm. You also gain from the firm’s resources, including connections to reputable professionals. This team can challenge expert testimony or defense evidence and present proof supporting your position.
How Can I Protect My Rights after a Motorcycle Accident?In motorcycle accidents, significant injuries are more common than not, making it difficult for riders to gather evidence. Therefore, it is essential to take action to protect your motorcycle accident claim as you heal from the motorcycle collision:
- Make Medical Treatment a Priority
- Be Careful of Insurance Companies
- Get a Copy of the Police Report
- The location of the incident
- The approximate date and time of the motorcycle crash
- Road, weather, and lighting conditions
- The driver(s) in question(s)’ name(s)
- The year, make, and model of the affected vehicles
- Identification of each vehicle’s license plate
- Statements from accident participants
- Witness reports
- An illustration of the accident
- Arrests and citations (if applicable)
- Initial findings about fault
- Hire an Attorney
What are the Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents?Motorcycle accidents can occur in a wide variety of scenarios. Oftentimes, they are the result of negligence on the part of either the driver of the vehicle, the rider, or both. Causes of typical motorcycle accidents include:
- A different vehicle turned left in front of the motorcyclist.
- Using a phone while driving and other types of distracted driving accident
- Hazardous traffic conditions
- The rider strays into another lane.
- Alcohol or drugs
Who’s at Fault For a Motorcycle Accident?The legal concept of “negligence” governs liability in the majority of motorcycle accidents. A person is negligent when they act carelessly or without thinking in a way that results in harm to another person. Anybody who a driver comes into contact with on the road, including other drivers, passengers, and pedestrians, must be protected against severe injury. A driver is responsible for any injuries caused to the accident victim if they were caused by their lack of reasonable care. The careless driver of a different automobile or truck is often the cause of motorcycle accidents. The motorist can be negligent by acting in a way that was improper (such as speeding through a red light) or by neglecting to act in a way that was necessary (for example, failing to check mirrors before making a left-hand turn). Of course, the negligent party could be the motorcyclist. Most certainly, an intoxicated biker who swerves in front of a car and causes it to crash would be responsible for the injuries sustained by the automobile’s passengers.
What are the Common Injuries in a Motorcycle Accident?Motorcycle riders receive a lot less protection than other motor vehicle drivers and passengers. Even if you’re wearing a helmet, a thick jacket, and other safety gear, an accident could still leave you with serious wounds. Some of the most common serious injuries motorcycle riders suffer in motorcycle wrecks include:
- Bone fractures
- “Road rash” (severe abrasions to the skin)
- Neck and back injuries
- Spinal cord injury
- Traumatic brain injury
- Head injury
- Burn injuries
- Amputation of limbs
- Degloving injuries (where skin and blood cells are torn away, leaving underlying tissue exposed)
- Soft tissue damage
Speak To our Houston Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Today!Motorcycles can be a useful and enjoyable mode of transportation in Texas, whether riding is your hobby or your way of life. If you have been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident or other auto accident because of someone else’s negligence or reckless behavior, you may be entitled to compensation for the following:
- Past and future medical costs
- Loss of earning potential
- Physical pain
- Mental anguish
- Physical limitations